Our physicians and medical team have the knowledge and expertise to properly treat your child’s medical issues
At Beaches Pediatrics, we focus on your child’s health. Our board certified pediatricians provide expert, cutting-edge pediatric care to help you raise healthy, smart, well adjusted children. Our efficient, experienced, and caring staff will assure your child a stress-free, comfortable visit in our homey environment.
Rebecca Cooper, M.D., J.D., FAAP
Dr. Cooper is the founder and medical director of Beaches Pediatrics and has been recognized by the Northeast Florida Pediatric Society as the Pediatrician of the Year. She is board certified in both pediatrics and newborn intensive care and has extensive experience in behavioral pediatrics, integrative pediatrics and routine pediatric care.
Dr. Cooper provides training in parenting skills and behavioral management, is skilled in mediation and parent coordination and has had extensive training in integrative and holistic medicine. Dr. Cooper enjoys photography, hiking and cooking in her spare time.
- Board Certified in pediatrics
- Board Certified in neonatal – perinatal medicine
- Board Certified in integrative and holistic medicine
- Neonatal Fellowship: NYH-Cornell Medical Center
- Pediatric Residency: NYH-Cornell Medical Center
- OB/GYN Resident: NYH-Cornell Medical Center
- MD: State University of New York-Downstate
- JD: University of Florida
- BA: Princeton University
- Florida Supreme Court certified family mediator
- Trained parenting coordinator
- Member – Florida Bar
- Duval County Medical Society Judicial Committee
- 2010 Northeast Florida Pediatric Society Primary Care Physician of the Year
- Northeast Florida Medical Legal Partnership Board
- Member – Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
Dr. Lucy Miller, M.D., FAAP
Dr. Miller has worked with Dr. Cooper since 2007. A board certified pediatrician, she is also a mother of FOUR.In her spare time, she enjoys running, cooking, reading and shuttling children to their sporting events.
- Board certified in Pediatrics
- Pediatric chief resident—UNC Chapel Hill
- Pediatric residency—UNC Chapel Hill
- MD-—UNC Chapel Hill
- BA—Davidson College
Dr. Dawn Turk, ARNP
Dr. Turk is a board certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. She has experience in neonatal intensive care, pediatric gastroenterology, and routine pediatric care. She has a special interest in holistic/integrative medicine and nutrition. She is a mother to two boys and has been married to her husband, Kevin, for 22 years. In her spare time, she likes to go to the gym and volunteers for the North Florida Alzheimer’s Association.
- Board Certified in Primary Care Pediatrics
- MSN 2005 – University of Florida
- BSN 1994 – University of Florida
Dr. Joanna Walker, D.O., FAAP
Dr. Walker is a board certified pediatrician who joined the Beaches Pediatrics team in 2015. Dr. Walker’s special interests are in nutrition and childhood obesity, asthma and allergies as well as developmental and behavioral pediatrics. She is passionate about preventive care and enjoys working with families to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Board certified in pediatrics
- DO — Nova Southeastern University
- BS — University of Florida
- 7 years — Active duty service United States Air Force as a pediatrician
Bella – Office Dog
Bella started coming to the office as a puppy in April 2006. She received the “Good Citizen” certificate from the AKC in 2006. In her spare time she enjoyed chasing birds and turtles, and napping under Dr. Cooper’s desk. She had a great life here and hopes her successor will too!