Meaningful use means using certified electronic health record (EHR) technology to:
- Improve quality, safety, efficiency, and reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and family
- Improve care coordination, and population and public health
- Maintain privacy and security of patient health information
Ultimately, it is hoped that the meaningful use compliance will result in:
- Better clinical outcomes
- Improved population health outcomes
- Increased transparency and efficiency
- Empowered individuals
- More robust research data on health systems
Beaches Pediatrics monitors several measures set by the government to assure that we are using our EMR in a way to best serve YOU! You are welcome to review reports of other measures that we monitor to assure that we are providing the most up-to-date care for your child. Our goal is to determine whether our workflow needs to be adjusted when the numbers do not meet OUR goals or whether we need to adjust how we are documenting various measures.
We are also looking at comments YOU provide to improve our services! For example, we are adding a kiosk to help streamline check-in and we have changed our workflow in the office in response to family comments that they want to get in and out more quickly.